We offer dissertation workshops designed to provide students with tangible strategies they can use to be successful in graduate school. Our workshops are relevant to students at any phase of graduate school enrolled in both master’s and doctoral programs.
In each workshop students will learn:
- How to create a sound structured approach to completing their dissertation, thesis or other important graduate school milestones.
- How to manage the various phases of doing a dissertation or thesis including selecting a topic, writing a proposal, and carrying out the actual study.
- The importance of maintaining a positive mindset about graduate work and strategies to develop a more positive mindset.
- The real sources of procrastination and perfectionism and strategies to overcome these challenges.
- Strategies to increase accountability, motivation, learning, and productivity.
- Strategies for effective writing including overcoming writer’s block and developing a process of writing that works.
- How to successfully integrate feedback from others.
- Strategies to work effectively with faculty and be well-prepared for oral defense meetings.
- How to make self-care and down time an important part of life as a graduate student.
- How to develop a strong foundation for success in post-graduate school life.
We are happy to modify our workshops to meet the needs of a specific student group, department, college or university. Our workshops are led by Alison Miller, PhD and the team of The Dissertation Coach.
Watch a Dissertation Workshop
We have led workshops at the Following universities:
- Argosy University
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Depaul University
- Illinois School of Professional Psychology
- Loyola University
- Northwestern University
- Northwestern University Medical School
- Texas Tech University
- University of California at Los Angeles
- University of California at Santa Barbara
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois at Rockford
- University of New Mexico
- University of Southern California
- University of Texas