The owner of The Dissertation Coach, Alison Miller, Ph.D, leads all dissertation workshops.
Alison has led workshops at universities including the following:
- Argosy University
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Depaul University
- Loyola University
- Northwestern University
- University of California at Los Angeles
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois at Rockford
- University of Southern California
- University of Texas
In each workshop students will learn:
- How to create a sound structured approach to completing their dissertation, thesis or other important graduate school milestones.
- How to manage the various phases of doing a dissertation or thesis including selecting a topic, writing a proposal, and carrying out the actual study.
- The importance of maintaining a positive mindset about graduate work and strategies to develop a more positive mindset.
- The real sources of procrastination and strategies to overcome procrastination.
- Strategies to overcome perfectionism.
- Strategies to increase motivation, learning, and productivity.
- Strategies to work effectively with chairpersons and committee members.
- Strategies to increase accountability.
- Strategies to make self-care and down time an important part of life as a graduate student.