We offer dissertation workshops designed to provide students with tangible strategies they can use to successfully finish their doctoral dissertation or any other phase of graduate school.
We have led workshops at the Following universities:
- Argosy University
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Depaul University
- Illinois School of Professional Psychology
- Loyola University
- Northwestern University
- Northwestern University Medical School
- University of California at Los Angeles
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois at Rockford
- University of New Mexico
- University of Southern California
- University of Texas
In each workshop students will learn:
- How to create a sound structured approach to completing their dissertation, thesis or other important graduate school milestones.
- How to manage the various phases of doing a dissertation or thesis including selecting a topic, writing a proposal, and carrying out the actual study.
- The importance of maintaining a positive mindset about graduate work and strategies to develop a more positive mindset.
- The real sources of procrastination and strategies to overcome procrastination.
- Strategies to overcome perfectionism.
- Strategies to increase motivation, learning, and productivity.
- Strategies to work effectively with chairpersons and committee members.
- Strategies to increase accountability.
- Strategies to make self-care and down time an important part of life as a graduate student.
We are able to design dissertation workshop to meet the needs of different doctoral programs. Our Workshops are led by Alison Miller, PhD and members of The Dissertation Coach team.